Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Tuesday, July 05, 2005
3:18am
Got home a little while ago. Had a gig tonight in Tokyo. I guess it was cool. Band played with a lot of fire and passion. I'm just having a difficult time having a clear perspective. I've been "in the hole" for a few weeks with depression. It's been quite a while since I had to deal with this. It really makes it difficult to take care of a lot of my day to day business. I guess the fact is that sometimes I just don't take care of some of my business. It can be especially difficult doing gigs that are in a more creative environment. This isn't something a lot of people talk about and I guess it's not something most people want to hear about. But, it's real. It's my life. Anyway, having this heavy depression just kind of magnified a lot of things about the gig....the lack of customers...strange acoustics (which can make you feel like you're sounding terrible)...occassional wierdness within the band..etc However, I've been through the cycle many times in the last 9 years so, I know it will pass....sooner or later.