Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
A Busy Day-Off


Woke-up a little early this morning and took care of some (music) business and trumpet practice. Went on a long walk from Kami-Itabashi to Shimo Akatsuka. Spent a couple of hours at the "Super Sento" (sento is the practice of going to a public bathhouse in Japan). They have about 12-14 different kinds of baths...indoor and outdoor...hot and cold along with a dry sauna and a steam sauna. Once you try it, you'll make it a part of your life. It's GREAT! Afterwards, we went to Starbucks for coffee and some reading. Tonight, I'm just kind of hangin out at home practicing, exercising and doing some work at the computer. I happened to be looking at some of my photos and decided to put this one on the blog. This is Engetsutou Island, Shirahama, Japan. I went there last year and loved it.

If you want to take a look at more of my photos, please go to
  • MY PHOTOS and use "neilguest" as the member name and password. This will take you into my online photo storage at Imagestation.
    ****This Friday night (July 15), I'll be playing with pianist Makoto Tedashita at Half Tone in Tachikawa, Japan. I hope to see you there!!!
    ****My New CD ...and now the "bad news" is being distributed in Japan by DISC UNION