Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Friday, August 05, 2005
Finally, A Day-off



click on the photos for a larger image

Yeah...today, I slept-in and just took it easy. No gigs..no rehearsals. I actually took a nap this afternoon. I usually don't take naps during the day because I feel so terrible right after I wake up. But, today was different. Took my usual walk this morning after getting up and went to SATY and had a coffee at Starbucks. haha...later in the day went back to SATY and watched Star Wars at the Mycal Cinema. I liked the movie...at least the parts that I saw. At the movie is where I took my 2nd nap of the day (unintentional of course). Man! After the movie I felt so rested, we went home and I unpacked the new grill and cooked a couple of hamburgers at 1am. Oh it was sooo nice to sit there in the peace and quiet and barbecue. It reminded me of 8-9 years at my mountain top house in West Virgina. I used to cook outside all of the time.

Here are a couple of pictures of my house in West Virginia. One of these pictures is in the front yard next to the entrance. It was about 1 mile up a private road to the top of the mountain to the house . I liked cooking on the deck on the side of the house. But, sometimes I would build a campfire next to the pond. It was about 100 meters from the house. I stocked a lot of bass in that pond. I heard that the neighbor and his sons came and "fished it out" after I moved out. I used to see black bear, foxes, mountain lions, and many, many turkeys and deer. In fact, I used to put food out in the field each night for the deer. They love buckwheat. I used to have 10-20 deer in my field everynight eating. You know, living here in Japan I eat a lot of soba noodles. Soba is made from buckwheat. Sometimes it suprises me how much a like West Virginia and Japan are. Anyway.....goodtimes.