Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Friday, January 27, 2006
1/27/06 Bought Some New CD's Today...
Picked up:

  • Eric Benet - Hurricane
  • Stevie Wonder - A Time For Love
  • Raul Midon - State Of Mind
  • All Star Tribute To Luther Vandross
  • Amel Larrieux - Bravebird
  • Santana = Best of
_________________________________
I've been crazy about Eric Benet's singing for 3-4 months now....listening to his tunes I'll Be There, Chains, Femininity, and Let's Stay Together everyday.

I was in the Apple store in Ginza last week and heard John Legend singing Love Won't Let Me Wait (on the sound system in the store). It just knocked me out. This guy is soooo soulful. He's on the Tribute to Luther Vandross CD with Usher (who sounds really great), Mary J, Alicia Keyes, Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Babyface, and others.

I'm a huge fan of Stevie Wonder. I think this might be my favorite Stevie Wonder CD. The compositions are beautiful.

The Best of Santana is great! However, I bought this recording for 1 tune only...Europa. I was sitting outside, getting ready to go on stage at a salsa festival in Baltimore a few years ago and they were playing a recording of Santana doing Europa over the sound system. It just blew me away. I couldn't believe how simple but, so much passion....such rawness...so much soul. I've always wanted to do this song. Soon!

Heard Amel Larrieux for the first time today! Wonderful. A great mix of r&b, jazz, neo-soul, folk, etc. Check her out! She's also on the new Stanley Clarke (bassist) CD.