Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Monday, February 20, 2006
2/17/06 Dentist.....
Another trip to the dentist tomorrow. I'm having a root canal done. In the past two years, I've lost 3 teeth and had 3 root canals and now have a few other teeth that need some work. It's kind of embarassassing but, this is the result of having radiation treatments to the face and neck after cancer.

Back in 1991-92 when I was having cancer treatments, the doctors told me that I would probably have trouble with my teeth years later. So, about 2-3 years ago it really started.

This past week, I played the trumpet very little because of swelling in my jaw and an infection and a lot of pain in one of my teeth.

I can only hope and pray that I will be able to continue to play the horn for many years to come.

If cancer couldn't stop me from playing trumpet, I don't think anything else will either.