Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Monday, June 05, 2006
6/5/06 Why I Got Into Music.....
Sometimes after I've had a few gigs in a row that had only a few customers, I start to feel a temptation to change my music in a way that might attract higher numbers of customers/listeners or I feel an urge to take a "bgm" gig in a hotel that would bring in a higher and more steady income. But, after a while, I come back to the feelings that got me excited about being a musician 30 years ago. I know now, I have to make "my music." If I can't do that in a way that helps me to make a living then, I'll do something else in addition to making music. After going through cancer and everything attached to that situation, including being told that I would never play again, I see this as my "second chance." A "wake-up" call......