Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Just Realized...
It's been a while since I had anything to say here...too many photos and gig flyers. I don't know what it is. Living in Tokyo, I seem to go through periods of months at a time feeling like I don't want to talk or be around many people. When I first came here, I sometimes ran into folks that had been living in Tokyo for a number of years and often noticed a detachment that felt really cold. I think I have now become that kind of person. Lately when I've had 2 or 3 days off, I didn't want to go anywhere near a train station, usually just stayed close to home and often took long walks with the headphones on just blocking out the world. Foreigners used to tell me that you have to take a trip out of Japan or at least out of Tokyo once every 90 days to keep your head clear. It's been 24 months since the last trip out of Japan. I'm overdue......