Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Thursday, July 14, 2005
This is the title cut from my trio's cd, Improvisation#1 with pianist Joe Barbato and bassist Dave Pellow. Recorded this CD in about 2 1/2 hours at Audiomation, in Pittsburgh, November 1994. The engineer is one of my favorites, Dino DeStefano. This cut is a free improvisation. We just turned the lights down low and let it go.


MP3 File

One of my very favorite musicians over the past few years has been Nitin Sawhney. Sawhney is located in England and is a prolific composer, classical/jazz pianist, DJ, film scorer, orchestral composer, and on and on. I first listened to his CD, Beyond Skin and then Human Prophesy. It's really some of the hippest and most original music that I've heard in a long time. Please click on his name and take a look at his website.