Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
EAST/WEST UNIT Rehearsal
Today, I had a rehearsal with my band, EAST/WEST UNIT. We haven't played together since October 10, the last day of our Japan tour. I couldn't believe how good it felt! The groove...the communication between players...the space everybody gave each other to be themselves in the music. This band is still in the early stages but, I'm more excited about this situation than any I can remember.

We are playing this Thursday night at 8pm at Miles Cafe in Ikebukuro, Tokyo. I strongly urge all of you to come and catch this band. The energy is really something special! And any of you that know me knows that I'm "all about the energy and the passion".


MILES CAFE
Hakuei Kim - piano
Jeff Curry - bass
Masashi Tomikawa - drums