Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Friday, November 18, 2005
Tour...Day 3...Kagoshima
Had a fun concert last. I really enjoyed "Gon" Mizahashi's (bass) playing last night. He is the most soulful player I've heard in Japan in 7 years.

Today, I had a day-off. I slept really late (because of the after concert party...went to sleep around 5am). I took a long walk, did some shopping and finally ended up at Starbucks at Kagoshima train station. I stayed there for about 3 hours reading and taking care of business in Tokyo on the telephone and talking with the "cute" Starbucks staff. People are so warm and friendly in Kagoshima.....

The city of Kagoshima sits in front of Sakurajima (Sakura-cherry blossom...jima-island). Sakurajima is an active volcano. It is an island located in the bay of Kagoshima. It's very beautiful and there is a constant plume of smoke rising out of the top of the volcano.