Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Monday, December 19, 2005
Feel Like Crap....
I had to force myself to go to that gig tonight at the N-- Y---- B--. I guess I went for two reasons...1. to play with Tom Pierson (just absolutely one of the most creative human beings I've ever encountered)...2. the money. I hated being in the room. I don't think I can do the last gig (next Sunday...the 25th....Christmas!!!). Anybody out there want to sub for me? I did meet some nice people tonight. Meg from Kobe..Chiyo from Niigata...Riyoko from Tokyo...Makoto from Tokyo. And I had the usual American/Canadians that sat there with a disgusted look on their face because they had to endure our music. I guess thats why I live in Japan. I have to go half-way around the world to play music created in my own culture.....that's so sad. Anyway...I'm home now....feel like crap.....gonna have a late-night snack (I know I shouldn't)...sit here at the computer for a while and try to "wash" the ugliness out of my system.