Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
JAZZNIN Magazine Interview (Blindfold Test)...









Recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Marco Mancini, editor of JAZZNIN. and doing a blindfold test. Marco was very kind and played some interesting cuts for me. Some of things I was familiar with and some of them I didn't have a clue. During the last 5-10 years, I really haven't spent much time listening to trumpet players. I did plenty of that from high school well into my 30's. I usually listen to piano players, tenor players and drummers. Now, I am really trying to find "my voice" and I'm not really interested to sound like someone else. But, it was fun to talk with Marco, who is a tremendous supporter of jazz. You can buy JAZZNIN at any of the major bookstores and it can also be found at many of the jazz clubs around Japan.