Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Tour...Day 21...Utsunomiya
Left the hotel in the van around 10am. I woke up early and went to McD's for pancakes and sausage. Soon after leaving the hotel we had to make a stop at Denny's for about an hour to meet the club owner for breakefast. So, I ate natto (fermented soybeans) and rice. We got back on the road and drove about an hour and had to stop again for lunch! Teddy likes to turn a 2 hour trip into an all day affair. Finally arrived in Utsunomiya. I took a long walk around the city and ended up at Starbucks. Had a great gig atKingdaijing. Club was packed...a real jazz atmosphere. after the gig I went to a Korean/Chinese place and ate gyoza. The was the last gig on the tour. I really enjoyed most of the tour even though I was sick the whole time. About a week, I got a really bad cold and it's still going strong. It was great making music everynight and I love being out of Tokyo and going to other cities in Japan. The people are so friendly and the food is great!