Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Thursday, February 02, 2006
2/02/06 New Tunes, No Sleep...
Spending a lot of time at
home these days. Working like
crazy on several different things. Especially spending a lot of time writing
some new music.

Not thinking much about sleep. Finally
went to bed at 9am the other morning.
Sometimes fall asleep early and wake up at strange times. Had a great tune going

in my head in a dream this morning. But,
I had put the keyboard away last night and by the time I got to it this morning, I had "lost" the tune.
Setting up a tour for the end of
March now. I'll be traveling alone and playing with different people every night in each city....my 6th tour in Japan. Studying Japanese a lot everyday recently.
Enjoying!

Really interested in video recently.
I'm especially interested to combine music and video....tell a story.
I'm practicing singing at home. Yes! Practicing singing. I've a had a fantasy for many years of being a singer. I'm gonna do it. Using MIDI with the Mac G5 recently and I'm crazy about working with string samples. I've also had a fantasy about composing a string quartet in my lifetime. I want to do trumpet CD with
strings. It's about 3:30 am now. Just finished watching
a couple episodes of a show called GRID. Kind of the same theme as 24...counter-terrorism. It was great. Really enjoyed.
Gotta sign-off for now. Going to
sleep for a few hours. Anxious to get up
and write some music and play the horn in the
morning. Have to teach some trumpet later in the day.