Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Sunday, March 19, 2006
3/19/06 Fearless (Spirit) Jet Li.........
Went to see a great movie tonight, Spirit (in Japan) - Fearless (USA). Jet Li was soooo good! I think it's the best martial arts film I've ever seen. I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan. However, this movie was just a beautiful movie AND the martial arts part of it was done at such a high level. I really love the motion and movement of Chinese Kung Fu. I especially like the internal martial arts of China...tai chi...hsing yi....bagua. The hardness and the softness...the balance of ying and yang...the circular motion (as opposed to short, rigid, angular movements)...the patience to allow your opponent to commit his/her ki (energy) in a certain direction and then use that to detect weakness...the forms that copy the movements of snakes, dragons, big cats, etc.
I heard this is Jet Li's last movie. It's really good...go see it.