Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Saturday, July 22, 2006
The Domain of Domains
Recently I've felt kind of silly writing in this blog titled, Tokyo Nights. I've been spending so much time at home working and haven't been going out at all. I've temporarily lost track of tokyo nights. I know there is so much going on but, I just felt a need to spend time at home and regroup.

Have had some trouble with my website this week. Four years ago, I registered the site with hostonce.com (please don't use that company!). In June, I decided to change the host of my site. However, I was never given any information about the domain registrar that has been holding my site name (neilstalnaker.com). After a lot of searching on the net, I found the domain registrar for my site. It has taken many emails to the registrar and to hostonce.com to motivate hostonce to transfer my domain name out of their account with the registrar to a new account I opened this week. In the meantime, my domain name has expired. So, I have had to renew the domain, also. Such a pain in the butt. Hostonce couldn't have been less helpful. The positive side of this situation is that I have had a good opportunity this week to learn about the world of domain names.