Tokyo Nights
Life In Tokyo - Neil Stalnaker
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Sooo Busy
Sooo busy this week. I'm trying to learn, absorb and memorize about 30 new songs for gigs I have this next week with about 6-8 different bands. At first it feels impossible. But, I keep rotating from the computer (taking care of other business related things) to the trumpet and/or piano and then out for a walk or just a few minutes break and back to listening and then start the whole cycle over again. You kind of go through a period where you feel like you're losing it. It feels like you drowning under too much information. But then I reach a point where I can really feel myself retaining the information. It's so easy to just give up and quit during this process. But, if you just persist and continue on, it's amazing how much you can learn in a short period. The hardest thing for me is to just have the confidence that I can do it and relax and not get overwhelmed. Also, I don't spend too much time on any one thing...only a few minutes and then on to something else. I don't want my mind to get too tired and want to give up